We are an equal opportunity employer looking for candidates who have a mechanical aptitude and are able to display a positive attitude. Due to our retiring workforce we are looking for candidates who wish to become long term team members and develop a unique skilled trade. This position does require heavy lifting at times along with strong manual dexterity (motor skills of hands and fingers) as well as tremendous focus and determination.
We are dedicated to providing an engaging and positive work environment. Many of our employees have enjoyed working for us for the greater part of their careers; we have many employees with 20, 25, 30, even 35 years of service.
We currently have an opening for 10 candidates based out of our location in Richmond, BC. All candidates must be available to work on rotations on a full time basis and are responsible for running various production equipment.
- Tend to box making machines and associated equipment per company safety, quality and production policies and requirements.
- Review customer specifications prior to running production.
- Conduct regular quality checks to minimize non-conformances.
- Ensure that all non-conforming products are placed in a scrap bin for rework or disposal.
- Execute necessary paperwork and documentation including recording production either electronically or manually as required.
- Correctly record scrap every hour per work instructions, when required.
- Communicate production and quality issues or concerns with Production Shift Supervisor.
- Responsible for adhering to all internal safety policies and procedures. (ie, Lockout, Personal Protective Equipment, etc).
- Adherence to all company policies and procedures (ie, Designated Smoking areas, Timekeeping clock etc).
- Maintain high standards of housekeeping in respective areas.
- Other duties as required.
Requirements for the role:
- Preference will be given to applicants with experience in a manual roles and/or a skill trades environment.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions and customer specifications.
- Demonstrates mechanical aptitude.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand for periods of eight hours not including regular breaks.
- The employee must be physically capable of occasionally lifting and/or moving up to 40 pounds.
- In addition, the employee must have the ability to distinguish color variation.
- 10 percent pension- employer sponsored
- 3- 7 weeks’ vacation pending years of service
- Excellent health coverage
A background in skilled trade, construction, transport and/or a general labouring role in a manufacturing industry.
To apply forward us your hourly rate expectations and your current resume. Candidates must have transportation to the location as it is not accessible by transit. If you feel like you would be a good fit for this role please apply and place Hourly Plant Labourer in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.