We are an equal opportunity employer looking for candidates who have a mechanical aptitude and are able to display a positive attitude. Due to our retiring workforce we are looking for candidates who wish to become long term team members and develop a unique skilled trade. This position does require heavy lifting at times along with strong manual dexterity (motor skills of hands and fingers) as well as tremendous focus and determination.
We are an integrated manufacturer and marketer of corrugated cartons and sheets, printed paper wraps and wallboard tape. We have built a strong and loyal customer base by developing and nurturing strategic partnership style relationships. We are the premiere corrugated packaging company in Western Canada. Our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Richmond, BC, works seamlessly with our sales offices and distribution centres in Kelowna, Calgary and Edmonton to provide outstanding products and services to over 900 customers throughout the region.
We are dedicated to providing an engaging and positive work environment. Many of our employees have enjoyed working for us for the greater part of their careers; we have many employees with 20, 25, 30, even 35 years of service.
We currently have an opening for candidates based out of our location in Richmond, BC. All candidates must be available to work on rotations on a full time basis and are responsible for running various production equipment. The ideal candidate will report to the Production Shift Supervisor.
- Tend to box making machines and associated equipment per company safety, quality and production policies and requirements.
- Review customer specifications prior to running production.
- Conduct regular quality checks to minimize non-conformances.
- Ensure that all non-conforming products are placed in a scrap bin for rework or disposal.
- Execute necessary paperwork and documentation including recording production either electronically or manually as required.
- Correctly record scrap every hour per work instructions, when required.
- Communicate production and quality issues or concerns with Production Shift Supervisor.
- Responsible for adhering to all internal safety policies and procedures. (ie, Lockout, Personal Protective Equipment, etc).
- Adherence to all company policies and procedures (ie, Designated Smoking areas, Timekeeping clock etc).
- Maintain high standards of housekeeping in respective areas.
- Other duties as required.
Requirements for the role:
- Preference will be given to applicants with experience in a manual roles and/or a skill trades environment.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions and customer specifications.
- Demonstrates mechanical aptitude.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand for periods of eight hours not including regular breaks.
- The employee must be physically capable of occasionally lifting and/or moving up to 70 pounds.
- In addition, the employee must have the ability to distinguish color variation.
A background in skilled trade, construction, transport and/or a general labouring role in a manufacturing industry.