Crown Packaging is an integrated manufacturer and marketer of corrugated cartons and sheets, printed paper wraps and wallboard tape.
We have built a strong and loyal customer base by developing and nurturing strategic partnership style relationships. We are the premier corrugated packaging company in Western Canada. Our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Richmond, BC works seamlessly with our sales offices and distribution centers in Kelowna, Calgary and Edmonton to provide outstanding products and services to over 900 customers throughout the region.
Crown Packaging is dedicated to providing an engaging and positive work environment. Many of our employees have enjoyed working for Crown Packaging for the greater part of their careers; we have many employees with 20, 25, 30, even 35 years of service.
We currently have an opening for a full-time Front Desk/Administrative Support based out of our location in Richmond, BC.
The Front Desk/Administrative Support will report directly to the Human Resources Director and will provide administrative support to the HR Department. To be successful in this position, the candidate must be result oriented and have the demonstrated ability to effectively organize & prioritize workflow.
Job responsibilities for this position:
- Receive and direct visitors and clients
- Update the outside contractors list
- Check visitor ID’s
- Attend to administration of the telephone system, including: handling incoming phone calls and general inquiries and programming of voice-mail, out-of-office messages
- Direct calls to all departments
- Maintain phone lists
- Input and distribute schedules
- Assist in the preparation of weekly headcounts
- Generate joggers, emails, and reports, when appropriate
- Filing, sorting and delivering incoming/outgoing mail, photocopying, and faxing
- Arrange for couriers
- Perform office administrative duties, including ordering stationery, office supplies, and coffee supplies
- Manage the upkeep of the meeting rooms and kitchen
- Administer mechanical aptitude and colour blindness tests
- Complete invoicing/data entry for the Truckers biweekly and at month end
- Arranging any catering requirements
- Give Front Office Safety Orientation (FOSO) to contractors and temporary employees
- Complete baled waste reports at month end
- Complete ICBC related legal requests and generate related invoices, secondary
- Assist with HR projects and office party planning
- Paper receiving
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and requirements for this position:
- Post-secondary educations in an HR related field or equivalent
- Office experience
- Entry level experience in HR would be an asset
- Customer Service experience would be an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to exercise good judgment & show initiative
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Manage time effectively to meet deadlines
- Successfully plan activities and put them into action
- Ability to work independently, with minor supervision
- Proficiency in MS Office – Excel and Outlook
- Ability to multi-task in a busy environment, with multiple interruptions
- Personable and professional
- BC Medical
- Extended Health Care
- Group Retirement Savings Plan
This position offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer, and as such, will review all qualified applicants for this posted position. If you feel you would be a good fit for this role, please apply to [email protected] and place Front Desk/Administrative Support in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please note, our location is not situated near public transit, applicants must have their own vehicle.