Crown Packaging is an integrated manufacturer and marketer of corrugated cartons and sheets, printed paper wraps, and wallboard tape.
We have built a strong and loyal customer base by developing and nurturing strategic partnership style relationships. We are the premier corrugated packaging company in Western Canada. Our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Richmond, BC works seamlessly with our sales offices and distribution centers in Kelowna, Calgary and Edmonton to provide outstanding products and services to over 900 customers throughout the region.
Crown Packaging is dedicated to providing an engaging and positive work environment. Many of our employees have enjoyed working for Crown Packaging for the greater part of their careers; we have many employees with 20, 25, 30, even 35 years of service.
We currently have an opening for a permanent, full-time Logistics Supervisor to join our Operations team, this role reports directly to the Logistics Manager.
The Logistics Supervisor will be involved with the financial administration, accounting and reconciliations for the Canadian operations. This position is based out of our location in Richmond, BC.
Job responsibilities for this position:
- Responsible for overseeing shipping, logistics and delivery of finished goods
- Supervise warehouse personnel and related teams, over a two-shift schedule
- Responsible for the leadership of each crew with regards to safety, quality, process efficiency and the consistent application of best practices
- Directing and redirecting employee behaviors to ensure company policies, practices and procedures are followed, holding to the Collective Agreement
- Ensure that all products produced and shipped meet or exceed customer specifications, make decisions on acceptability of products to hold/release
- Active participation in Health & Safety, including conducting safety meetings with crew, upholding safety policies and procedures, safety training, accident investigations and follow up items
- Continually following up with members of the crew to reinforce the standards and expectations of the plant and/or shipping areas
- Communicate regularly with personnel to maintain high level of engagement
- Supervise vacation time and make recommendations to Management on manning levels and possible areas of improvement
- Ensure that all outbound products are shipped accurately, with proper paperwork to include Bill of Lading, Packing List and proper customs paperwork
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and requirements for the role
- 3-5 yrs. supervisor experience.
- A strong communicator within a unionized manufacturing and/or shipping environment is an asset
- Knowledge of managing daily routes/schedules of shipments and deliveries, tracking the progress of shipments
- Proven strong safety background.
- BC Medical
- Extended Health Care
- Group Retirement Savings Plan
This position offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer, and as such, will review all qualified applicants for this posted position. If you feel you would be a good fit for this role, please apply to [email protected] and place Logistics Supervisor in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please note, our location is not situated near public transit, applicants must have their own vehicle.Apply Now