Crown Packaging is an integrated manufacturer and marketer of corrugated cartons and sheets, printed paper wraps and wallboard tape.
We have built a strong and loyal customer base by developing and nurturing strategic partnership style relationships. We are the premier corrugated packaging company in Western Canada. Our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Richmond, BC works seamlessly with our sales offices and distribution centers in Kelowna, Calgary and Edmonton to provide outstanding products and services to over 900 customers throughout the region.
Crown Packaging is dedicated to providing an engaging and positive work environment. Many of our employees have enjoyed working for Crown Packaging for the greater part of their careers; we have many employees with 20, 25, 30, even 35 years of service.
We currently have an opening for a Maintenance Supervisor based out of our location in Richmond, BC.
The Maintenance Supervisor will report directly to the Maintenance Manager and will be responsible for the following:
Job responsibilities for this position:
• Perform delegation of maintenance tasks to employees regarding equipment, buildings, and grounds as required.
• Schedule and direct maintenance personnel to ensure efficient use of resources.
• Ensure all maintenance duties are performed in a safe manner.
• Supervise, hire and coach personnel.
• The ability to handle grievances and conduct investigations
• Ensures all WCB and electrical codes are complied with.
• Recommend and initiate purchase of repair materials
• Recommend and initiate purchase of spare parts inventory
• Ensure the preventative maintenance program is being followed
• Provide emergency call in, vacation and sickness coverage for the Maintenance Manager.
• Ensure all parts and repair materials are purchased in a cost effective manner within current company purchasing policies.
• Coordinate and supervise work of outside contractors as required.
• Adopt and carry out a verifiable and recordable work order program for all maintenance duties.
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and requirements for the position:
• 5+ years of Supervisory experience in a maintenance department
• Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
• Attention to detail and ability to multi-task
• Labour relations experience
• Millwright or Electrician ticket required
• A dual ticket (preferred)
• BC Medical
• Extended Health Care
• Pension Plan
This position offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer, and as such, will review all qualified applicants for this posted position. If you feel you would be a good fit for this role, please apply to [email protected] and place Maintenance Supervisor in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please note, our location is not situated near public transit, applicants must have their own vehicle.