We are an equal opportunity employer looking for candidates who have a mechanical aptitude and are able to display a positive attitude. Due to our retiring workforce we are looking for candidates who wish to become long-term team members and develop a unique skilled trade. This position does require heavy lifting at times, strong manual dexterity (motor skills of hands and fingers), as well as tremendous focus and determination.
We have built a strong and loyal customer base by developing and nurturing strategic partnership style relationships. We are the premier corrugated packaging company in Western Canada. Our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Richmond, BC works seamlessly with our sales offices and distribution centers in Kelowna, Calgary and Edmonton to provide outstanding products and services to over 900 customers throughout the region.
Crown Packaging is dedicated to providing an engaging and positive work environment. Many of our employees have enjoyed working for Crown Packaging for the greater part of their careers; we have many employees with 20, 25, 30, even 35 years of service.
We currently have an opening for a permanent, full-time Production Worker to join our Operations team, based out of our location in Richmond, BC. This role reports directly to the Production Shift Supervisor and will be responsible for running various production equipment. All candidates must be available to work on rotations, on a full-time basis.
Job responsibilities for this position:
• Tend to box-making machines and associated equipment per company safety, quality, and production policies/requirements
• Review customer specifications prior to running production
• Conduct regular quality checks to minimize non-conformance
• Ensure that all non-conforming products are placed in a scrap bin for rework or disposal
• Execute necessary paperwork and documentation, including recording production either electronically or manually as required
• Correctly record scrap every hour per work instructions, when required
• Communicate production and quality issues or concerns with Production Shift Supervisor
• Responsible for adhering to all internal safety policies and procedures (ie, Lockout, Personal Protective Equipment, etc)
• Adherence to all company policies and procedures (ie, Designated Smoking Areas, Timekeeping, etc)
• Maintain high housekeeping standards in respective areas
• Other duties as required
Qualifications and requirements for the position:
• Preference will be given to applicants with a background in skilled trade, construction, transport, and/or a general laborer role in a manufacturing industry
• Ability to read and comprehend instructions and customer specifications.
• Demonstrates mechanical aptitude
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand for periods of eight hours, not including regular breaks
• The employee must be physically capable of occasionally lifting and/or moving up to 70 pounds
• In addition, the employee must have the ability to distinguish color variation
• BC Medical
• Extended Health Care
• Pension Plan
After 6 months, with successful training, wage increase to $24.19/hour
After 12 months, with successful training, wage increase to $ 27.22/hour
After 18 months, with successful training, wage increase to $28.73/hour
After 24 months, with successful training, wage increase to $30.24/hour
This position offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer, and as such, will review all qualified applicants for this posted position. If you feel you would be a good fit for this role, please apply to [email protected]ing.com and place Production Worker in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please note, our location is not situated near public transit, applicants must have their own vehicle.