Crown Packaging is an integrated manufacturer and marketer of corrugated cartons and sheets, printed paper wraps, and wallboard tape.
We have built a strong and loyal customer base by developing and nurturing strategic partnership style relationships. We are the premier corrugated packaging company in Western Canada. Our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Richmond, BC works seamlessly with our sales offices and distribution centers in Kelowna, Calgary and Edmonton to provide outstanding products and services to over 900 customers throughout the region.
Crown Packaging is dedicated to providing an engaging and positive work environment. Many of our employees have enjoyed working for Crown Packaging for the greater part of their careers; we have many employees with 20, 25, 30, even 35 years of service.
We currently have an opening for a Senior Accountant with a flair for analysis based out of our location in Richmond, BC.
The Senior Accountant will report directly to the Canadian Controller and be involved in reporting of results, budgeting and analytics.
Job responsibilities for this position:
- Revenue analysis, variance reporting, budgeting and recording
- Completes month end duties on time and accurately; identifies variances and reports back to the Controller
- Tracks and reports complex daily banking in multiple currencies, prepares related bank reconciliations and entries
- Supports and assists in complex sales budgeting process: data gathering, interpretation, and variance analysis with team and the Controller.
- Reviews and approves AR credits for control and with a view to sales analysis & impact.
- Creates and modifies monthly reports for managers and accounting department.
- Cross trains into other areas for overflow and vacation coverage, AR & AP.
- Undertakes other initiatives and projects in response to changing business conditions and as directed.
Qualifications and requirements for this position:
- Must have strong multicurrency experience, ability to move across US and CAD seamlessly, “see” from US and Canada points of view
- Accounting experience in a manufacturing environment
- Comfortable working on multiple systems, including DOS based legacy systems and manipulating data
- Goal oriented with fast response to information and report requests while keeping an eye on the detail
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office products, especially Excel
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must have the ability to work in a team environment
- A self-starter, flexible, with the ability to multitask and work independently with minimal supervision
- CPA, CMA, CGA designation fully completed (Required)
- BC Medical
- Extended Health Care
- Group Retirement Savings Plan
This position offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer, and as such, will review all qualified applicants for this posted position. If you feel you would be a good fit for this role, please apply to [email protected] and place Senior Accountant in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please note, our location is not situated near public transit, applicants must have their own vehicle.